Answered By: Jon Sleeper Last Updated: Feb 01, 2015 Views: 317
Login: your 9-digit NU ID number.
(For students enrolled at NU before March 2005, this is your seven-digit University ID number preceded by two zeros, e.g., 001234567).
Password: your birth date in 6 digit (MMDDYY) format.
Note: this is different from your SOAR password. Use the last two digits of your birth year. Example: January 1, 1980 is 010180.
If you still have problems logging in, please note:
- You must be a current NU student, staff, or faculty.
- Alumni can purchase access to the EBSCO's Academic Search Alumni Version article database and eBooks on EBSCOhost (formerly NetLibrary) for $50/year through the Alumni Relations Office.
- Log out of SOAR and your online course before logging into the library. You cannot be logged into either of those and the library at the same time.
- Common problems that block access
- Browser pop-up blockers need to be disabled (Also, look for Google & Yahoo tool bar pop-up blockers.)
- Access from work… many worksites (military, schools, banks, etc) block sites requiring authentication.
- Not all browsers are equal… Our web pages are designed to be used with Internet Explorer versions 6 or 7. If you are using Netscape, Firefox, or Safari you may experience glitches.
- Wireless access can be intermittent. Try connecting your computer directly via cable to your router or high speed modem.
- If these tips do not solve your problem, a Troubleshooting Guide is available.
If you continue to have problems, please contact our Library System Analyst,