Answered By: Ref Desk Last Updated: Mar 08, 2022 Views: 178
If you need help finding an ebook, please check our FAQ page on searching the catalog: http://nu.libanswers.com/faq/41893
The Library offers access to ebooks from several different vendors, and each of those vendors' pages will look a little different. Here's some guidance for opening and navigating ebooks across some of those platforms.
If you need help with other ebook features, embedding content in classes, or doing research, get in touch with one of our librarians!
ProQuest Ebook Central
Ebook Central has its own, very thorough FAQ page here.
Here's how to navigate the index page for a book:
- Click the Read Online button to read or search the entire book in your browser. Learn more about reading online features here.
- Click the Download Book button to read the entire book using the Adobe Digital Editions app (or other select mobile apps) on your desktop computer, phone, or tablet. Learn more about downloads here. If you need help setting up Adobe Digital Editions on your computer try these instructions.
- Click the Download PDF link next to each chapter to download a copy of that chapter only. Learn more about downloads here.
- Click the Read Online link next to each chapter to open and read or search that chapter only.
O'Reilly Safari Books Online
Safari's books can be accessed on your computer with a browser, or via the O'Reilly Safari app. You can learn more about the app on the O'Reilly downloads page.
Here's how to navigate the index page for a book in Safari:
- Click the Start Reading Now button to read or search the entire book in your browser.
- Click the View Table of Contents link (or just scroll down the page) to browse the book's contents.
Here's how to navigate a Safari book once you've started reading one:
- Click the book title to see the table of contents. Clicking won't force you to leave the current page!
- To move forward in the book, click the NEXT link in the top-right corner.
- To search the book, click the magnifying glass icon.